Friday, April 20, 2012

April 19th, 2012 - Electronics

I had the motor running again today and it started and ran very well. The reason I started it up? I installed the tach and a kill switch and needed to make sure everything worked. The tach was easy. I read up on the forums and schematics and found that I can hook it up to the connector at the front of the control box. The Teleflex tach takes uses the 6P setting on the Mercury 90HP motor. The rest is pretty straight forward. The kill switch was a different story. I had checked on the web and was expecting to kill the motor by grounding the black/yellow or salmon colored wire and that would be that. WRONG. I grounded the salmon wire and nothing. I used a test light and grounder everything and still nothing. I even took the control box apart and went right to the ignition switch. Nothing. So back to the web I went. After checking on numerous posts on the www.iboats.com forums, I found out that I needed to cut the white wire to kill the motor. I put the kill switch inline, started it up and pulled the cord. It worked!! Yay! Later in the evening, I wired the stereo with amp, hooked up the subwoofer and installed the gauges in the dash. I also hooked up the gauge lights. 
Busy day!

 Wiring on the Teleflex Tach


Hooked to the Control Box

 Kill Switch, Installed and Taped Up. I Will Mount it After the Seats are Installed

 The Tach and Speedo, From the Back

 Amp

Sub

No comments:

Post a Comment