Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012 - Lower Unit, Decals and Another Coat

Today was a busy day on the GT-150. I removed the lower unit from the Mercury 1150 and attached it to the 90HP. This motor is in better condition but didn't come with a lower unit (see earlier posts). With that done, I removed the decals from the 90 to prepare it for cleaning and a fresh paint job. I used a heat gun, scraper and mineral spirits to get all of the gunk off. I will order decals at a later date to make it look brand new. Then I applied another coat of paint to the hull.

 Lower Unit on the 90

 The 90 on the Stand and the 1150 on the floor(moving dolly, actually)

 Part of the Decal Removed

 Using the Heat Gun

 Goo

 More Goo

 2nd Coat

Looking Better

2 comments:

  1. I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this Carpet cleaning Alexandria | Carpet steam cleaning Balmain | Carpet cleaning Balmain | Carpet steam cleaning Surry hills | Carpet cleaning Surry hills that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect this article for the inside and out assessed content and marvelous wording. I got along these lines attracted with this material that I couldn't quit End of lease cleaning Balmain | End of lease cleaning bondi | Bond cleaning Mosman inspecting. I am shocked with your work and twisted. Grateful to you to such an extent.

    ReplyDelete